Flea, Tick and Heartworm Prevention for Carbondale Pets
Heartworm Preventive Facts
Protecting your pet from heartworms is vital to their health. All dogs and cats are at risk for heartworms and intestinal parasites. Heartworms are carried by mosquitoes and are injected into the bloodstream via a bite. The heartworms grow and multiply, causing damage to the heart and blood vessels. If left untreated, the disease will cause heart failure and death in dogs and cats. Heartworm prevention for cats is critical, as no treatment exists once your cat is infected.
Heartworm preventive also protects against intestinal parasite infections such as roundworms and hookworms. These parasites can be transmitted to your other pets, and also to your human family members.
Flea and Tick Facts
Both fleas and ticks can carry harmful disease, which can also be transmitted to owners and other pets. Protecting your family by preventing flea and tick infestations is simple and effective with the proper preventive care products.
Flea, Tick, and Heartworm Preventive Products
Flea, tick, and heartworm preventives are available from our in-house pharmacy or our online pharmacy, which ships directly to your home. We are available to discuss your pet’s flea, tick and heartworm options including:
- Heartgard—Monthly chewable, given every 30 days all year round
- Sentinel—kills 85% of the flea life cycle as well as preventing heartworms, offers the best coverage for treating environmental flea problems.
- Trifexis—Monthly tablet that also prevents flea infestations
- Iverheart—Monthly tablet (generic option for the cost-conscience pet owner)
- Revolution (for cats)—Topical for cats to prevent fleas, worms, and ear mites
- Program Injection (for cats)—kills 85% of the flea life cycle, offers the best coverage for treating environmental flea problems.